Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching. This designated day of “LOVE” has been known to make the biggest heroes as well as the lowest losers of our sweet husbands. Let’s face it, some guys rock Valentine’s out of the park and seem to have a natural affinity for this holiday. Then there are the other husbands who are doing an amazing job but seem to be oblivious to this special holiday each year. I don’t think there are any husbands who wake up on the morning of Valentine’s Day and think, “I’m just going to sit this one out”.
This article is written for the wives of the heroes who need a little help with Valentine’s Day for one reason or another. In all honesty, there is not a woman alive who doesn’t want to be remembered on February 14th. However, there is nothing wrong with helping your guy to hero up by planning something special for the two of you to celebrate your love.
Cards, ﬂowers, and chocolates are all really nice to receive. I thought it might be fun to throw out some alternatives to the typical checklist of love. Even if your husband comes up a little lacking in the romance arena, creating a sweet memory can serve to ﬁll both you and your husband’s love tanks on this special day of the year. When we sow in love, we will also reap in love.
* Dry erase markers are great for leaving love notes on the bathroom mirror.
* Don’t underestimate the power of post-it notes of love left in random places.
* Send him a message that you have a special evening planned for the two of you. This also serves as a reminder that, “Hey, It’s Valentine’s Day”. Hint. Hint.
* Make a list of things you love and respect about your husband and read it to him over dinner or text it to him during the day.
* Feed the children early and tuck those angelic beings in bed. (this might require setting the clocks back a bit for those that can read time but well worth the effort.)
* Cook his favorite meal or order take out and pull out those good dishes. The ones you got as a wedding gift but seldom get to use.
* Light some candles and put on some background music.
* Slow dance like in the movies.
* Whether you go out or stay in, turn off your phones. The world can wait. Give the gift of your undivided attention.
* Watch a movie snuggled up on the couch with popcorn.
* Take a walk down memory lane. Drag out those photo albums and celebrate your journey together.
Enjoy the season you are in at this time! Some Valentine’s Days might be celebrated in big ways with all of the bells and whistles. Some with a picnic in the living room ﬂoor after the kids are tucked in bed. At the end of the day, loving each other well on Valentine’s Day and the other 364 days of the year is what makes life as sweet as a box of chocolates in a heart shaped box.
Happy Valentine’s Day Friends!
C’est l’Amour Photography specializes in maternity, newborn and family photography in Oshawa, Ontario. Photographing families from all areas in and around the GTA including but not limited to Bowmanville, Courtice, Oshawa, Ajax, Pickering, Markham, Richmond Hill, Thornhill, and Vaughn.